The Logon Script Project  

Posted by bloggendrauf

This is the first post of what will likely be a long series of posts regarding logon scripts in an Active Directory 2003 environment. In this series of posts I plan on laying out the design criteria and actual design, accompanied by ample technical discussion, examples, and lessons learned.

The environment that this series comes out of is on containing 350 Windows servers from versions 2000 to 2008 and workstations from versions 2000 to Windows 7. The logon scripts will support Windows NT and Windows 9x with some tweaking as those were environments that were originally supported when we first implemented Active Directory 2003. Our environment also supports 140 retail stores, each with an AD 2000 domain controller, multiple sites, and multiple domains.

As I am a lazy administrator, if you ask questions I will try to answer them but may not be as timely as you might like - especially if questions would require troubleshooting in a test or production environment. But, if I have a ready answer to your questions I will answer them as soon as I can.

My next post will list the design criteria for the environment that I outlined above.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments